Wednesday, 20 May 2009

It's 10.39pm

Another day bites the dust. Thursday rolls in. Wednesday takes a bow. So, did I have a good day, full of splendour and relish? Erm.... not sure 'bout that.

Tomorrow, I start my revision SERIOUS. I have 1.5 weeks left and I've been dribbing and drabbing through revision. What I need now is to sit down and really get stuck into that work - otherwise, disaster looms like the Mary Celeste on the horizon (but, perhaps, more lethal).

Specifically, Thursday will bring the start of Personal Injury law revision. Road Traffic Accidents and stuff like that. It's boring - huh, what's that....? Oh, new 'positive me' wants a word: "It's not boring, it's just a matter of appreciating it, like anything else. All aspects of life can be appreciated, if in the right frame of mind."

Thanks, old chap, couldn't have put it better myself. I will try and appreciate it because it is life and if I can't appreciate life, what is there else?

I will still be blogging in the next few weeks. I have to say, I am getting disillusioned by the absence of any readers. "It's not disillusioning, it's just a matter of-" Okay, okay! I don't want a horde of readers to stroke my ego but, it would be nice to have a bit of feedback - get a discussion going - fend off abuse. I don't know.

Hellooooo. Hellloooooooooo. Anybody out there? Coooooooeeeeeeeeeeee.

I have a diary, by the way. I tiny one in which I am trying to bring order to my ways. However, I have grander plans. I want to start a real diary, recording my days and supplementing this blog. I don't want to subject every one of my random and, perhaps, trying diatribes/thoughts to the public. (Helllloooooo. ANyoooone?) I'm not even sure if this blog is working. I keep reading that the central tenets of good blogging is to focus on a particular area and make it coherent. Mine is anything but.

By the way, how am I meant to publicise my blog? I've submitted it to google and yahoo but somehow I get the feeling I should be doing more. I've read stuff about sitemaps, meta things, directories, pinging and stuff and, to be frank, I'm all at sea. My fault, really, because I haven't researched things thoroughly. My method of research is look something up on google, click the link, and then see a page of thick text and unfamiliar technicalities and abort the research there, with a hasty click of the X. Stupid, really. You don't learn much - except random meaningless words of these things. In my defence, though, one of my phobias about the internet is "disreputable" sources. Half the time, these websites giving info look two-bob and annoying - so I have to do the X-move.

My plans grow loftier, by the way. I want to write a book. I've got an idea but it is rather limpid. I admire people who can carry a vision. I have an idea, grow warm on its potential - for an hour - and then gloomily accept that the world is not ready for it - or it's a loud of codswallop which isn't worth wasting time over. It's one my fatal flaws that I can't maintain my enthusiasm for much. I'm the sort that needs other people's approval and encouragement to get me through. (Hint.)

But, yes, I will try to write this story - and see if it can sprout into a book. If I do ever get it going, I will inform the general public, if you so wish. The only thing is that I may find myself trying to do too much. My mind is like a pin-ball machine most of the times. Ramp up the speed and obstacles and my brain is like a crazed gymnast trying to escape a maze. Or the like.

That reminds me that I have noticed that I always jog or run up stairs. Why am I always rushing around but not getting much done. I really am an enigma -to myself, so what other people make of me... Slow down footy fatigian. Sl-o-w d-o-w-n. Deeeep Breaths. Again. Deeep Breaths.

Okay, I'm better. I was going to end today's blog there but, I think I ought to go on awhile. But, now I think about it, that'll do.

GOod night.

Footy Fatigian.

PS. Comments are welcome, even from cyber-ghosts with dirty fingernails.




No comments:

Post a Comment