Friday, 8 May 2009

Footy fatigue is here to stay.

My (revised) first post.

Why am I blogging? To establish a productive hobby after years of pointless ones.

What am I blogging? Stuff. Sometimes dystopian but not always

What am I blogging about? Not sure but footy (football) and fatigue will come into it. And, perhaps, misanthropy but not always.

When am I blogging? Regularly, I hope.

Will this project be a platform for bitter ramblings, dressed with failed attempts at drollness, rolled up in irksome zaniness? Sometimes. Although, I'll try to be genuine.

I will try to avoid straying into "smart-alec" self-indulgent "funny" pantness. I have to admit that in the past my writings from not inconsiderable oeuvre have entered this sad realm. It happens when I let me ego seize full control of my fingers, making me intent on trying to be cool. Sorry if it happens but I'll try and be sincere in my blogs.

Oh and why "footy fatigue"? Well, I have reached the existential crisis in my life where I have realised that professional football, and to some extent, all professional sports (my keen interest/obsession for many years) are stages of much greed, manipulation, selfishness, aggression, idiocy and plain simple tedium.

Playing football can be fun and is healthy. Following professional football is an exercise in egotism, delusion and gullibility. That's not to say that there are no positives in supporting a football club but being "a fanatic" is, I think, a very bad thing to be.

I am glad to say that I am not a fanatic - although, I still can't sever that emotional tie with the club I support and the obsessive need to know scores and the latest footy stories still haunts me. In this blog, I hope to express my dissatisfactions with football and maybe help those who also suffer from the footy fatigue to come to terms with themselves.

But I won't just be bleating on about football. Trust me, I'm better than that.

Yours

footy fatigian

1 comment:

  1. "before posting", is what I meant.

    Can you edit this thing?

    ReplyDelete