Wednesday, 27 May 2009

Greatness

Let me,
Swash that buckle, spin that star,
Fly off the edge
and soar beyond.
Crash through applause
with tears to die
and leave music your trail
of lingering high.

Engrave this look to stone
and history's mind,
to speak of every cant
and breathe this time.
Eluding ground of grave
to feel fresh haunt of today
Brush pretty words from my mouth,
From eternity's lair.

But, how to this play?
Sun of reverent warmth
what is your way?
Is blood felled,
Life dulled,
Hope mould, killed, shirked...
Is this mark my stay?

Say quick, life steals away,
Creeping that darkness
my shadow strives.
Tell the secret
of bed-rid allay.
I cannot wait more.

What? Sincerity.
Call the guards.
Bring weapons, chains.
Of all the insults-
Render a man, dying, with suspense
Abandoned mourn and eyes withdrawn from death. Just.
Just to hear this false gift,
Lips brutally sneer.
Sincerity.

This world is sick,
Petty dressed and undeserved
of God's gaze.
No reason compels for stay-
But stupid animals and wicked ways.
Let a rest take me
Under the arch-
Away, I say away.
Leave my time to sit and wait.
do not disturb me for the finest wit,
For it is a ruse of malign intent
and I care not what happens.
I expect no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment